This post is gonna be hella cryptic (and a ramble (^～^;)ゞ) but it’s still a skill that I want to admit that I’ve been trying to master as I transform: letting go.
The challenge of letting go is the amalgamation of can I go out on a limb, take a chance with life without him/her, this job, certain income, etc? It’s another way of acknowledging that you’re scared to be without what you know and unsure if life would be as comfortable.
Throughout my blog, I’ve expressed how I’m working towards living honestly, without regrets, to fulfill my desire to be happy. How can I fulfill this desire without taking chances? This includes letting go.
- Employment: Why squander your abilities and continue to be unappreciated by your employer? It’s true, leaving an employer is terrifying, especially when stepping into a new and unknown work culture. Sometimes income is the biggest issue. What if, despite the pay, you’ve found a place that you fit-in, can contribute and believe in? It would be better than becoming a disgruntled employee. (Aw lawd! I’m reading myself LOL!) And once you learn how to move to a new employer, you’ll know what to do if you need to leave again.
- Certain “friends”: Disassociating with people that have history but have recently shown themselves to not share the fundamental principles that you hold, be it in person or on social media. Think of the good times you’ve had. Think of how lonely you’ll be without them. Facing these fears is difficult. Yet, also remember that they don’t treat you fairly, have said disparaging things, are unreliable, or siphon your energy. Sticking near people that don’t love you as they should can be very unhealthy.
- Negative thoughts and feelings: it’s easy to give in to thoughts that’ll derail progress. These thoughts have only one purpose-to oppress. “I can’t,” “No one wants me,” “I’m not smart enough.” Those thoughts are all lies. It’s the same for when your mind plants fearful thoughts when attempting to disassociate with certain people. You’ll never be able to break away if you believe in the fears your mind feeds you.
Bruh, I just found out about IceJJFish and if he can make bank with off-key music, I should be telling myself I’m the greatest too! Why not invest in an OVER-abundance of confidence so I can be and feel my best? LOL!
- Grudges: Very similar to negative thoughts, grudges tend to skew a person’s perspective based on something that happened time ago. If you’re me, it could’ve been years of holding a grudge! Those grudges can cause you to be stuck in your ways, bitter inside and out, let alone making bad decisions based on past hurt that no longer applies. (This is not to be confused with trust and forgiveness which…omg, I’ve got an excellent description from my mom that I should post! o(^◇^)o)
- Bad habits: The things that later you wonder why I don’t change and begin self-hating or doubting yourself. Being late, disorganized, procrastination (especially with cleaning the flippin dishes! (一-一;;）), frivolous spending, etc. It’s just extra weight of anxiety and depression.
Letting go is HARD. Comfort level dips, uncertainty increases and we doubt that the change will be good, but living without taking a chance, without learning from unique decisions and without striving to be our best isn’t worth living. Remember, your life is in your hands. Only you can make the best of it, no one else will do it for you.
So, I’ve been learning to let go, a little at a time, without pressuring myself to do more (because learning takes patience and most importantly time). Think positively and self-actualize the best for yourself (ex: I’m loved, I deserve, I will have the best). Your life without people taking advantage of you, without a job limiting your abilities, without consuming negativity will be much healthier and worthwhile. AND it’s my belief that the gap left behind will be filled with something better because you are what you eat and if you’re only looking for the best, you’ll learn to identify it and become surrounded in it.
This is why I’m encouraging you to let go with me. Let go of the things holding you back and embrace the adventure ahead!
Let’s have fun together!